Thursday 26 April 2012

Week 12 - Colour in Lanscapes


Colours in Landscapes, Excursion to Todmorden

Using coloured pastels I created this 30 minute drawing focusing on the colour that create it. I chose this building as it good form and a few colours that I would be able to pick out.

I noticed that even though it was a gloomy day and there wasn’t an immense amount of light to create hard shadows and highlighted areas that will show more colour I was still able to pick out colours that would not be expected to be there. There were different ranges of colours like blues and purples contained in the roof tiles, which make them, stand out more from the contrast of browns and blacks. I picked out the shading that I could that would make the building stand out more with contrast to the sandy coloured bricks. This makes more of a 3 dimensional view as it adds some depth to the picture.

To improve upon this drawing I would have liked to be able to get more of the background in to make this whole drawing complete. This is term would add more colour into the drawing and contrast well with the plants that I have drawn in front of the house. I also feel that there are a few curves in this drawing that should have been straight lines which I would have liked to have improved upon.


No comments:

Post a Comment