Saturday 21 April 2012

Week 11 - Colour in Landscapes


Colour in Landscapes at my Local Beach

This is a 30 minute colour drawing using coloured pastels at my local beach. I chose this landscape in an evening because the sunset creates great tones of colours upon the buildings and upon the water. With the sun setting it changes the colour of the sky to tones of orange and yellow and reflects this upon the water. With the sunset behind the buildings it creates a very dramatic scene and the building appear to be pretty much entirely black with the shadow of the sun.

With using colours it makes the drawing more dramatic and immediately draws your eyes to the darkness of the buildings because they stand out with the colours of the sky and sea.

When looking at the colours I noticed that there were colours upon this scene that I didn’t expect there to be. There were some blues that were reflected from the sky into the water but also with the mixture of blue, oranges and yellows I also found that these colours create some purples in the background of the scene creating a whole range of tonal colours upon this drawing.


No comments:

Post a Comment