Thursday 26 April 2012

Highly Detailed Finish Piece - Showing Natural Elements and Buildings


Landscape Drawing with Natural Elements and Buildings 
- Final Piece

The aim for this drawing was to draw a piece of landscape and for it to be a highly detailed finished piece. I used charcoal to create this drawing as a lot of the building had very dark features and I thought I would be able to get an older feeling with charcoal rather than pencil.

It was a very gloomy day, which makes a lot of the features of the building very dark with little highlighted areas. I chose a good vantage point because with my view I was able to see the different levels of the building as well as the main features, which are the very large chimneybreasts. This vantage point also showed a slight foreshortening view of the building as it gets smaller the further away it is. This was a very interesting building to draw as it has nice, complimentary shapes and with the different shading of bricks creating this building it makes for a very interesting drawing. With charcoal I was able to pick out the colour in the bricks, which show various different levels of gradient that contrast from one another.

To improve upon this drawing I would have worked out my measurements more accurately as I missed of the top of the second chimneybreast and had too much wasted space at the bottom of my drawing. I also struggled with some of the features of the building like the windows, as I don’t feel these are an accurate portrayal of what they are really like and show no detail in them.




No comments:

Post a Comment