Thursday 26 April 2012

Highly Detailed Finished Piece - Figure Drawing Showing Anatomy


Life Drawing of a Non-Human Anatomy - Final Piece

The aim for this drawing was to draw the anatomy and for it to be a highly detailed finished piece. I chose to draw a non-human anatomy and draw my pet Chihuahua because the anatomy to an animal is totally different to that of a human and it will be good practice for me to be able to draw the anatomy for both humans and animals.

I had her standing in the garden and for a brief few seconds she brought her front, right leg up so I was able to quickly capture that moment. I had her stand so I had a foreshortening vantage point. This means that the front of her body and head appear to be quite a bit larger than her back end. However, this also makes for a more interesting image and with this vantage point I was also able to pick out her muscle structure in her lower legs and also her front legs and chest.

There was very strong, natural light with this being outside and this caused there to be very different gradients of shading that shows her fur, joints and muscle structure. With using charcoal I was able to blend all the different shading together. However, I feel this makes her fur look to smooth and although she has very short hair anyway it is unclear what the texture of her fur is like. I would have been able to pick out all the little details if I were to use pencil however; with an animal it is hard to keep them still, which is why I used charcoal because it is quick and easy to get the overall structure of her anatomy down before she moved.

To improve this drawing I would have liked to have been able to draw the structure of her paws more accurate. This was difficult because the grass was covering a lot of her paws causing poor visibility. I would also have liked have made her fur more realistic and believable; I found this very difficult using the charcoal.


No comments:

Post a Comment