Thursday 22 March 2012

Week 8 - Non-Human Anatomy


Figure Drawing of the Non-Human Anatomy

This is a 20 minute sketch I did of a Toucan bird at the Leeds City Museum. This drawing shows an accurate sketch of a Toucan bird and for me I am happy with the proportions of this drawing and how it looks.

From the vantage point I had I was able to get a front on view of the bird however, with the birds head slightly turned it makes for a better drawing. From this angle I was able to pick out the detail within the birds face and beak.

The colour of this bird was mainly all black so it was hard to pick out detail and shading within the birds feathers. However, even without the shading it is clear what this drawing is. To finish of this drawing I also added in the branch, which the Toucan bird was standing on. I was also able to pick out the shading on detail within this branch, which finishes of this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment