Thursday 22 March 2012

Week 6 - Anatomy & Movement


Figure Drawing showing Anatomy & Movement

This is a 30 minute sketch focusing on the movement of the human body. I had my model sit in this position because it gives the gesture of movement as it is not a normal sitting position and looks like his is in the middle of a series of different poses.

I was able to get the pose of my model to show he is sitting and where is weight lays in his bum and legs. With proportions I think I got them slightly wrong in this drawing, as his posture doesn’t look quite right. His shoulders look too wide for his body and his upper body to me seems to short and stocky.  The positions of his legs were at a difficult and foreshortening angle, which made them tricky to draw. I think if I had drawn his legs slightly longer and slightly bigger it may have brought the whole proportions of his body together.

No comments:

Post a Comment